Monday, March 23, 2009

OCD & The Present

Last week I wrote about St. Patrick’s Day and about the coming of spring. I was looking around to see if today had any significance, maybe the anniversary of something, or a holiday in another country – and then it hit me. Today is the NOW, the only day that really matters, and we can make it whatever we want.

Some people with OCD rarely live in today because they are stuck in yesterday or in tomorrow, reliving an event or fearing one. Today, the NOW is a clean slate for all of us to write our tomorrow’s on. What we do NOW will have a direct impact on what we do tomorrow. If we are on auto-pilot today, then our tomorrow will never be what we want it to be.

I have been trying to remain in the NOW, today, which is the only true reality. I am celebrating today as if it were a holiday, because it really is one. Today is a gift, THE PRESENT. I hope I can shape my tomorrow by what I do today, and I hope you can too.

P

No comments: