Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thoughts and the Sky

I have been thinking about what I wrote yesterday, Are You the Thinker or the Thought, and it reminded me of something that I heard from one of Deepak Chopra’s great books. I have them on audio and it has been so great to listen to him that way. He has a very pleasant and relaxing voice which is great if I’m anxious or unable to sleep. Anyway, getting back to my topic, Dr. Chopra said to look at the sky. The sky is you, the thinker. He said to observe the clouds that are passing by. Those are your thoughts, they come and go, but the sky always remains constant. I really like this analogy because it makes me realize that I am separate from my thoughts. This helps me to realize that bad thoughts are like dark clouds; they pass over, but eventually clear. I hope that all your thoughts are like a sunny sky.


No comments: