Saturday, January 31, 2009

You Are Not Alone

I hope that if you are suffering with OCD you will be able to be comforted in the fact that you are NOT alone. Many people don't understand what OCD is and the rituals and strange behaviors can seem really bizarre. I used to be extremely embarrassed about my rituals and I hid my OCD for years. I felt alone and isolated. I want you to know that there is hope and help out there, and you don't have to feel isolated.

We are fortunate to live in a time where great strides are being made in the medical field. The good news is that the future of people with OCD looks bright and promising. There are many different ways to control Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is like any other chronic medical condition that can be put into remission. Like alcoholism, OCD has to be taken on a day- to-day basis. It is important for every OCD sufferer to know that they are not alone in their suffering, and there is freedom from this seemingly inescapable prison of the mind. I admire each of you who have to deal with OCD, and I write this for you. I hope that suffering people will reach out to this site and share their experiences. If anyone would like to tell their story, I look forward to hearing from you.

If you would like to go to a virtual OCD vacation island paradise, visit my homepage at
www. OCDonia.com. If you would like to become a citizen of OCDonia, or perhaps open a business there, please contact me.

1 comment:

DOG said...

I think this is great. I believe we all suffer with some form of OCD. Some more sever then others. I'm obsessed with snow removel and counting. I visited your virtual vacation paradise and couldn't stop laughing. I can't think of a better way to release some of the pressure then to laugh at ourselves. Thank you for helping me see things in a different light. I know this will help alot of people.